Designing Using The Correct Deck Ideas Can Create An Awesome Deck
Put Together A Bunch Of Ideas And Choose The Best!
Unless you intend to put in a concrete or flagstone patio then you’re probably going to be searching for some deck ideas. Decks are a time honored way of extending the interior of your house to the outside. So remember when generating your deck ideas try not to limit your thinking. By including everything you might want in the initial design you’ll be sure to get which you really need.
The video below will show you some great ideas that you may be able to incorporate into your own backyard deck. Some of the major points and thoughts are as follows.
- When deciding on the shape your deck there’s really very little limitation. You can do as shown here and attach it to boundary structure such as a pond or simply provide wraparound stairs for a railing free look.
- Try to construct your deck in modular terms. What I mean by this is try to think of your deck as pieces that can be plugged together over the years. This year the pond, next year a deck and the year after that maybe an outdoor kitchen. When you think forward like this it makes it easier to provide things such as power and water connections now before things are constructed.
- Consider the materials that will comprise your deck carefully. My suggestion is to use pressure treated lumber for all support structure and Trex or some other synthetic material for the decking. Natural wood is nice, but it can cause a real maintenance headache over the years.
- If your deck is going to be large consider tiering it. This will break up the decks large expanse and make it more interesting to look at.
- Consider incorporating built in planter boxes into your designs. Take note that at each end of the pond a triangular planter box has been incorporated providing readily accessible planting areas.
- Structures such as a small greenhouse can be incorporated into your deck as well, so long as proper support is provided.
- Be sure to take into account all code requirements as well as permitting when constructing your deck.
A properly constructed and maintained deck will last for years and be a thing of beauty that will add value to your home. It can also be a living thing that can be expanded over the years as your budget and time permit. You would be surprised what can be accomplished in 5 to 10 years with proper planning and the right deck ideas.