Some Small Backyard Landscaping Ideas That you can Incorporate
Small Can Be Beautiful Too!
If you’re like a lot of folks these days and you’re taking advantage of these low home prices by purchasing one. You’re probably going to need to do some landscaping to tailor it to your tastes.Now assuming also that your new home is like a lot of the homes built these days, meaning having a somewhat limited yard size, you will need some ideas for small backyard landscaping.
Just because your backyard may be small doesn’t mean it can’t be a place of beauty that in which you’ll be proud to entertain your friends and relatives. In the video below from Lowe’s you be treated to a backyard makeover that turned this homes backyard into a nice retreat and entertainment area. Below are some of the takeaways and tips that are contained in his video along with some other things you might want to watch out for.
Small Backyard Landscaping
- Take note that in this small backyard landscaping plan the brick wall and patio that were installed to create the illusion of a separate area. This makes it a friendly and warm space to either relax at the end of a long day or entertain friends and relatives.
- It’s pointed out in the video that you should have a clear small backyard landscaping plan. This is always a great idea and if possible plan for changes that you might want to do in the future, such as additional electrical features, water features or additional plantings.
- In the interest of time all the small backyard landscaping was done at once on this home. In reality though you can create the same effect even if it takes you two or three years of incremental work to achieve. After all you’re going to be living there for a while so why not take your time.
- Notice that the wasted space on the side of the house was planted on both sides. Since these plants will grow, sometimes rapidly, you will probably have a pruning nightmare within a short period of time. A better idea would have been just to plant the fence side and gravel the rest leaving room for the trees to grow and the owner to walk for years to come.
- Most homes will not have a cool little alcove area as shown in this home, but a similar effect can be achieved by installing a the retractable awning over the patio area.
- Above all keep any tree plantings a decent distance from the fence. You will thank me later for this when it comes time to replace the fence boards and posts.
When you finish watching the video below you will have one more piece to fit into the puzzle that is small backyard landscaping. Have fun and enjoy the video.